When it comes to auto insurance, you want to be sufficiently protected if you are involved in an accident, but like motorists in other parts of the United States, most Georgians don’t want to pay more. Unfortunately, a lot of people end up paying more than they should be paying, merely because they don’t know certain things that will help them get the best rates for their auto insurance.
These tips from the experienced agents at Finley Pinson Insurance in Woodstock, Georgia, can help you get the best protection and service you want for the best price:
- Know What You’re Paying For: Even though you're purchasing a single policy covering one or multiple cars, numerous pieces make up the final cost. These components include bodily injury liability, property damage liability, medical payments, uninsured motorist protection, collision and comprehensive coverage. To find the right auto insurance, we recommend you start by choosing the amount of coverage you need for each category listed.
- Compare and Save: If you’ve been with the same insurance company for a while, you are likely paying more than you should, particularly if you haven’t had any claims recently. In fact, we recommend that you try getting a quote from a licensed agent. You would be surprised to see how much you can save.
- Consider Bundling: Most insurance companies offer generous auto insurance discounts if you also buy your homeowner's, renter's, or life insurance policy from them. However, be sure you check out total costs both ways.
- Find a Dependable Insurance Company: Saving money on car insurance isn’t simply a matter of finding the lowest premium. Some insurance companies have lower premiums, but end up costing you more in the end by deliberately lowering loss estimates, compelling auto repair shops to cut corners or forcing you to pay extra for replacement parts. Ask an independent insurance agent which insurers have a bad customer service reputation.
- Request Help From a Skilled Insurance Agent: For many people, their first impulse is to contact an insurance company directly. Experienced and licensed agents can provide a number of services. Agents can help you save money because they have a unique insight as to what is available out there in a competitive market. Agents can offer professional direction through the complex insurance system.
At Finley Pinson Insurance, our licensed agents in the Atlanta area can help you through the application process, making sure that everything is correctly filled out, so you qualify for the best possible rates. Contact us today to learn how you can get the best auto insurance protection at competitive rates.